ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community plans to establish a community that based on people-centered and enhancing solidarity, unity and welfare of its community. This community will focus on the aspects of human development, social welfare and protection, social justice and rights, environmental sustainability, building ASEAN Identity, and narrowing the development gap. ASEAN’s member countries have developed several policies to reach those goals, but, this community still facing various challenges mainly on the issue of protection of the rights of migrant workers, trans-boundary environmental pollution, and issues related to ethnic or religion’ violation.
- Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Migrant Workers
- Managing and Preventing trans-boundary environmental pollution
- Education, Youth, and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community
- Etnic and Religion Issues
- ASEAN’s Awareness and Sense of Community
Published at :