About the YSEALI Summit
November 19-23, 2015 –The YSEALI Summit is an invitation-only event taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia that will bring together 500 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) members from Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. During the Summit, participants will:
- Build relationships and professional networks among other young from ASEAN leaders;
- Explore trends in Southeast Asia and develop an understanding of the challenges and opportunities that these trends present; and
- Develop leadership and professional skills
Applications are now open for 10 YSEALI members to join the YSEALI Summit as a Digital Delegate. One person from each of the 10 ASEAN member countries will be selected.
What does it mean to be a Digital Delegate?
YSEALI Digital Delegates will be responsible for sharing “real-time” information about the YSEALI Summit via social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Responsibilities could include:
- Sharing quotes from speakers
- Uploading pictures of delegates, keynote speakers and networking activities
- Creating videos such as participant testimonials, speaker “top tips”, inspirational talks and fun activities
- Sharing insights from other participants about what makes YSEALI unique and encourage participation in YSEALI
- Sharing resources about key challenges and opportunities in ASEAN according to the YSEALI themes: Economic Development, Education, Civic Engagement and Environment
- Sharing resources about how to develop 21st century skills such as leadership, innovation, communication skills and entrepreneurialism
- Writing a blog about the entire experience
Digital Delegates should use #YSEALI or @YSEALI in all of their social media posts.
Criteria to apply:
- Member of the YSEALI Network (if you’re not a member, sign up here.)
- Between the ages of 18 – 35
- Citizen and resident of one of the 10 ASEAN members states (Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Active on social media with experience in running social media campaigns
- Available to participate in the full length of the event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (November 19-23)
- Passport valid through May 31, 2016
Along with your participation in this important event, Digital Delegates will receive:
- Regional roundtrip economy-class airfare (within ASEAN) to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia*
- Ground transportation to/from airport* (*Provided for those not currently residing in Kuala Lumpur)
- 4 nights of accommodation in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Optional for residents of Kuala Lumpur)
- All meals
- Compensation for visa costs (if applicable)
Those who are interested in being considered as a YSEALI Summit Digital Delegate must complete this application form in its entirety. Applications close on September 22 at midnight MYT.
In the application, you will be asked to upload a 1-minute video telling us why you would make a great YSEALI Summit Digital Delegate. You may wish to create your video prior to starting this application form. Be sure to include your name and country in the video.
Final Digital Delegates will be notified of their selection by Monday, September 28, 2015 and will need to register by Monday, October 5 at midnight MYT.
Published at :