Curie is an observer of issues on defense procurement and industrial policy, offset, arms proliferation, and technology indigenization. Currently she is a lecturer for the streaming of Conflict and Security Studies at Binus University. She received her Ph.D. in Defense Management and Leadership from Cranfield University in 2016. Previously, she received cum laude in her master’s study at Institut Teknologi Bandung, majoring in Defense Management, in 2007, and her bachelor’s degree at Universitas Indonesia, majoring in International Relations, in 2002. Prior to joining Binus, Curie had been actively working on issues of defense management with the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Indonesia, National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas), and S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies.
- Defence procurement and industrial policy
- Arms proliferation
- Technology indigenization
- Savitri, C. M. (2014). Contribution of offset to defence industrialisation in Indonesia (Doctoral dissertation, Cranfield University).
- Safitri, C. M., & Chairil, T. (Eds.). (2014). Building Maritime Collaboration for Security and Stability: Jakarta International Defense Dialogue 2014, 19-20 March 2014. Indonesia Defense University.
- Setiaji, Y. & Maharani, C. (2013). The mandate for procurement adjustment. The Jakarta Post, March 25, 2013.
- Yuniorrita, S. & Maharani, C. (2012). Caveat emptor: The challenge in implementing defence offset in RI. The Jakarta Post. October 13, 2012.
- Maharani, C. (2012). The soaring Garuda of peacekeeping. The Jakarta Post. June 11, 2012.
- Matthews, R., Maharani, C., & Fitriani. (2012). Challenges Ahead for Indonesia’s First Defence Offset Policy. Defence Review Asia. April 27, 2012.
- Satriya, C. & Maharani, C. (2011). Seeking a balance between intelligence and citizen rights. The Jakarta Post. May 5, 2011.
- Matthews, R. & Maharani, C. (2009). Iron Triangle Revisited. In Bitzinger, R. A. (ed.), The Modern Defence Industry: Political, Economic, and Technological Issues. Praeger Security International.
- Matthews, R. & Maharani, C. (2008). Beyond the RMA: Survival Strategies for Small Defence Economies. Connections, NATO Partnership for Peace Quarterly Journal VII(2).
- Maharani, C. & Matthews, R. (2008). Remoulding of Indonesian Defence Capability. RSIS Commentaries. April 29, 2008.
- Matthews, R. & Maharani, C. (2008). Advanced fighter purchase: heralding Thai military modernisation programme?. RSIS Commentaries. February 18, 2008.
- Noorsalim, M., & Savitri, C. M. (2004). Tentang Militerisme di Indonesia: Kampanye Anti-Remiliterisme di Indonesia.
- Scholarship from Cranfield University to pursue PhD, 2009-2015
- Overall Best Student, first cohort of Masters in Defence Studies, Institute Technology Bandung (on scholarship from United Kingdom), 2007
- Most Outstanding Student in the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of Indonesia, 2000
- Rank 5th The Most Outstanding Student in University of Indonesia, 2000
- Winner of Governor DKI Jakarta’s Trophy, inter-varsity debate at the 2000 International Relations Students Gathering in Jakarta, 2000
Last updated :