Political Specialist vacancy at the U.S. Embassy Jakarta
Please log on to http://alumni.state.gov for more info or follow the links below:
For more information: https://alumni.state.gov/
Salary: Rp. 261,605,169- p.a. (Full performance starting salary)
Basic Function of Position
The Supervisory Political Specialist is responsible to supervise six Locally Employed Political Assistants and to assist Foreign Service Officers in reporting and analyzing political developments and social trends, as well as reaching out to Indonesian contacts. She/he has primary responsibility for the Embassy’s efforts on Trafficking in Persons, Labor, and Women’s’ Issues, including researching and reporting on those topics for mandated annual reports. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Political Counselor/Internal Unit Chief.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, social science, economics, or history is required.
2. At least three years of supervisory experience and at least five years progressively responsible subject matter experience; in particular, leadership experience in a civil society organization, political or economic research/analysis, labor, trafficking in persons, or women’s issues is required.
3. Level 4 (Fluent) in speaking/reading/writing English and Bahasa Indonesia are required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
4. Understanding of Indonesia’s political system, organization of the government structures, historical background of the country, and the nature of the political, social, and religious culture of the majority of its people is required.
5. Superior analytical and drafting skills in English and Indonesian; superior contact skills; strong computer skills; ability to take initiative and work independently to plan, organize, and execute complex reports and visits.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application to
Human Resources Office
Attention: Human Resources Officer
U.S. Embassy, Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan #5, Jakarta 10110
Point of Contact
Telephone: 021 3435 9135
Telephone: 021 3435 9266