FASStrack: Asia The Summer School Program
FASStrack Asia started in 2013 and was developed with the rigorous academic standards which NUS is known for. You will be attending classes held in a dynamic and multi-cultural learning environment with NUS and international students from various universities from all over the world.
FASStrack Asia comprises courses from the Faculty’s Asian Studies Division and the Social Sciences Division. Courses are focused on Asia, and some of these courses will feature a 8-10 days’ field trip to the country of study. Our Centre for Language Studies will also offer relevant Asian language courses that will complement the field trips for a comprehensive learning experience and in-depth cultural immersion.
You can read up to 2 courses, including one that offers an extended overseas field trip. Other courses may also offer local day trips in Singapore or to nearby overseas location over the weekend in order to facilitate experiential learning outside the classroom.
FASStrack Asia will be based at the University Town (UTown for short) at NUS. This recent campus expansion of NUS is a high-tech, modern educational hub that integrates environmental-friendly building features with the learning, social and cultural aspects of the NUS community. Besides classrooms, UTown is also well-equipped with IT and multimedia facilities at the Education Resource Centre, seminar rooms and study clusters, and a world-class research and innovation hub. For recreation, there are also sports and performing arts facilities, as well as a wide array of dining and retail outlets. Students staying on-campus at the residential colleges can live, study and play in NUS as part of an exciting summer programme experience.
- No pre-requisite required
- Full-time enrolled university student
- Have completed at least one semester or year of study at your home university
- Non-exchange students from non-English medium univerisites(who are also non-NUS partners) are required to meet English proficiency requirements. For details, please refer to this link from the NUS Registrar’s Office.
Non-NUS students who apply by 15 February 2015 can enjoy an early bird discount of SGD$200 off the application fees.
to apply online..
Application Period: 15 December 2014 to 15 March 2015
* For IARU students applying to Southeast Asia in Context under the IARU GSP 2015, please apply through your Home University by 6 March 2015 or as stipulated by your Home University.