Ratu Ayu Asih Kusuma Putri
Ratu Ayu Asih Kusuma Putri joined International Relations Department in October 2015 as the Deputy Head. Prior to working with BINUS University, she worked as program assistant at The Graduate Program of Terrorism and International Security, Department of International Relations, University of Indonesia and Peace Corps Indonesia, a volunteering agency under United States Government. She graduated from University of Indonesia, majoring in International Relations. Ayu received her Master’s degree from the Graduate Institute of Peace Studies, Kyunghee University, South Korea. Her thesis, entitled ‘A Study of Civilian Protection Mechanism: Focusing on the Operation of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan (2001-2011), examines how the peacekeeping operation in Afghanistan being monitored by states in order to minimize civilian casualties.
She was a recipient of Peace Scholarship from Australian Government and presidential scholarship from Kyunghee University. The scholarship from Kyunghee University enabled her to work as a teaching assistant for some respected scholars in International Relations, such as Prof. Thomas Weiss (The City University of New York and SOAS, University of London) and Prof. Zhu Feng (Peking University).
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Selected Topics in Peace and Security
- Global Security Architecture
- Indonesia’s Foreign Policy
- Introduction to International Relations
- Modern World History
- Diplomacy and International Politics
- World Strategic Thoughts
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Humanitarian Intervention and Peacekeeping Operations
- Non-Conventional Security Issues
- Security Issues in the Middle East
Fellowships, Awards, and Other Honors
- 2018, A4U Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Grant, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
- 2012, Best Delegate Award, Security Council Meeting, Yeosu Expo Model United Nations (YEMUN)
- 2011, Second Prize Winner, the United Nations Project Office on Governance (UNPOG) Essay Contest
- 2010-2013, Master Scholarship, the Graduate Institute of Peace Studies, Kyung Hee University
- 2008, Peace Scholarship Award (short program), Australian Government and the University of Notre Dame, Western Australia
Articles (Peer Reviewed)
- “Political Leadership in South Korea’s Developmental State: A Historical Revisit”. Journal of ASEAN Studies, Vol. 6, No. 1, 64-81
- “Makassar City Government’s Urban Refugee Policy: Filling in the Gap?” (with Dennyza Gabiella). IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Vol. 126, No. 1.
- “A Design Model for Digital Game-Based Learning in the Study of International Relations: Developing an Innovative Learning Methods for Defense Strategy course at Bina Nusantara University” (with Jurike V. Moniaga and Yangky Wijaya). IEEE 2016 1stInternational Conference on Game, Game Art, and Gamification (ICGGAG).
- “Menanggulangi Migrasi Ireguler di Laut: BAKAMLA dan Manajemen Keamanan Maritim Indonesia” (with Tangguh Chairil and Dennyza Gabiella). National Convention of the Association of International Relations Studies in Indonesia (Vennas AIHII) Proceeding. * Trans. Addressing Irregular Migration: Indonesian Maritime Security Agency and Maritime Security Management in Indonesia
Short Articles and Commentary
- “Jakarta Under Attack: Are We Really on Alert?”.The Jakarta Post (January 16)
Ekonomi Politik Independensi Bank Indonesia: Studi Kasus Bank Century (transl. Political Economy of Independence of Indonesia Central Bank: Case Study Bank Century) (with Makmur Keliat, Rangga Aditya, Geradi Yudhistira, Keshia Narendra). Jakarta: INFID and PACIVIS UI.