ASEAN and Asia-Pacific
ASEAN’ relation with countries in Asia-Pacific also influences the future regional integration in Southeast Asia. There are several issues that challenge the existence of ASEAN as a sole regional association in Southeast Asia, i.e. disputes over South China Sea, economic competition of Japan, South Korea, PRC, and Taiwan in the region, and power rivalry between PRC and the U.S.
- Southeast Asia Integration or East Asia Integration?
- Regional Economic Architecture: ASEAN Economic Community, ASEAN+3, and Trans Pacific Partnership
- South China Sea Disputes and ASEAN
- ASEAN, the PRC and the U.S.
- Economic Expansion of Japan, South Korea, Cina and Taiwan in Southeast Asia